- Green Team
- Adopt a Park Site
- Essex Community Energy
- Green Business Program
- Citizens' Eco-Forum
- Community Garden
- Environmental Advisory Committee
- Garbage Collection Proposal
- Green Day
- Green Meal Specials
- Green Month
- Green Teen Challenge
- Maplewood's Action Plan
- Maplewood Climate Initiative
- MapSOMil Green Teams
- PTA Eco Forum
- Rahway Greenway
- Re:Yard Pilot Program
- Shred It Day
- Video Gallery
- In the Media
8th Annual Maplewood Green Day Fair
Saturday, June 18th, 2016 11 am – 4 pm
Maplewood Memorial Park
WHEN: 11:00 – 4:00 pm, Saturday, June 18, 2016
WHERE: Memorial Park between Dunnell Rd. and Maplewood Ave., directly across from NJ Transit Maplewood Station, Maplewood, NJ
WHAT: Maplewood New Jersey is hosting the 8th annual Green Day fair to demonstrate simple ways that every person can make more planet-friendly, sustainable choices in their everyday lives. With an expected turn-out of over 4,000 attendees, the fair is a community celebration with live music, how-to demonstrations, and over 80 eco-vendors, environmental organizations, health and fitness representatives, organic and local food providers and farmers. Green Day offers a variety of events and activities for all ages.
- Access to more than 80 green vendors and exhibitors for the ultimate green shopping experience
- Live Animals of the Rain Forest presentations by Rizzo’s Reptiles
- Kids learning activities with the hands-on science show by Vinny Voltage
- Delicious organic and local food from restaurants and farms
- Live bands all day: David Easton Band and more TBD
- Environmental Advisory Committee will be releasing its Climate Action Report, an assessment of the progress we've made since the township set goals in 2007.
- Learn about the Maplewood Green Business Program for local businesses.
- Sign up for re:Yard, a local pilot-program to help community members have a more sustainable yard
- Learn how Essex Community Energy can help you reduce your bills and your carbon footprint.
- Sign up for Adopt-a-park site program, a volunteer litter collection project in Maplewood parks
- free monitored bike parking
- Planet-friendly fun activities include a giant rock climbing wall, kid’s environmental games, and much more
WHO: As part of its year-round effort to promote sustainability in the community, the township of Maplewood has a Green Day environmental fair each year. With a long tradition of being a leader in environmental initiatives, the township of Maplewood uses this event to highlight existing programs, share different ways of reducing one’s environmental impact, and engage and teach residents of all ages. The fair is organized by a volunteer committee made up of members of the Maplewood Green Team and municipal leadership and staff.
BRING: Bikes and trikes, ride-on toys and wagons, reusable water bottles, and shopping bags